Vijay Diwas Fest-Photography Contest 2020
“Jaya Hey”- Vijay Diwas Fest
All India Open Online Photography Contest
Rules and Guidelines:
- The purpose of the contest is to create awareness about the martyrs of our Armed Forces among the youth of our country and strengthen their national spirit.
- The contest is open to all students pursuing undergraduate/postgraduate (full time/distance learning) courses in any college/university or independent institution located in India.
- There is no participation fee and only Indian nationals can take part in the contest.
What to Submit
- The photographs should conform to the theme of the contest and may cover any of the following:
(a) Memorials dedicated to one or more fallen heroes of our Armed Forces located in any part of India. It should be related to any of over 26000 fallen soldiers mentioned in https://www.honourpoint.in/.
(b) Landmarks (school, hospital, housing colony, bus station, metro station, park, road, traffic junction etc.) located anywhere in India, honouring any one or more fallen soldiers of our Armed Forces.
(c) Busts or statues of the fallen soldiers erected in public places in their honour.
(d) Memorabilia of war heroes if accessible with the permission of the concerned authorities / family members.
(e) War trophies (tanks, aircraft, guns etc.) displayed in public places.
- A participant can submit more than one photograph but the total number should not exceed ten (10). However each photograph must be accompanied by a brief description (around 100 words) about its location, significance and historical details if any.
- The photographs will be evaluated not only on the basis of originality and the strength of composition but also for their demonstration of significant aspects about the fallen heroes of our Armed Forces.
- Photos submitted can be maximum 1080 pixels on the shorter side and not more than 1920 pixels on the longer side with 300 dpi. They must be submitted in JPEG format with file size not exceeding 2 MB.
- All submitted photos should contain the original metadata information. Also there should be no borders, logos, copyright marks or any other visible references on the submitted photos.
How to Participate
- You can participate by using the button “Register and Submit” given at the top and bottom. You are required to register first before submitting the photographs. Please ensure that your given email address is valid and operational, as it would be the principal means to communicate with you.
- Please submit the photographs with specifications mentioned above using the available software tools. In order to understand the process of submission, you may refer the video at the link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJc0sOypdcU (English) or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYRz8-2vJhE (Hindi).
- The description of the each photograph being submitted is mandatory and is an important criterion for evaluation. You can use the given field to write the description either in English or Hindi for each photograph being submitted. After successful submission, you will receive an acknowledgment mail to confirm your participation.
- Honourpoint Foundation (hereafter referred as the Organizers) has constituted a panel of judges for the contest which also includes some family members of the martyrs of our Armed Forces. The decision of the judging panel will be final and binding on all participants in respect to all matters relating to this contest. The judging panel reserves the right to call for original JPEG or raw files for the purpose of authentication if needed. The distinguished panel of judges includes:
- Smt Lata Yadav, wife of Major Vikas Yadav (Fallen Hero of 1996)
- Captain Riya, wife of Captain Somesh Shrivastava (Fallen Hero of 2001)
- Shri Arvind Kumar Kanva, brother of Major Ashwini Kumar Kanva (Fallen Hero of 1987)
- Shri Sharad Jain, brother of Lieutenant Sanjeev Jain (Fallen Hero of 1992)
- Ms Ketaki Kadam, an acclaimed Indian TV Actor
- Shri Sunil Prem Vyas, a celebrated Indian Filmmaker
Results and Prizes
- The results would be announced within four weeks after the last date of submission and would be published on the Honourpoint website and its social media pages. The prizes for the contest are:
- First Prize: Rs 25,000/- and Certificate of Excellence
- Second Prize: Rs 15,000/- and Certificate of Excellence
- Third Prize: Rs 10,000/- and Certificate of Excellence
- 15 Consolation Prizes
- Certificate of Recognition to top 100 participants
- The Organizers reserve the right to modify these rules if so required, at their discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Organizers reserve the right to award or not award the prizes in their sole discretion. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any participant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: tamper with the competition; violate these rules; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in a disruptive manner.
- The participants retain their rights over their photographs; however, by entering the contest, they grant the Organizers a royalty-free, country-wide, perpetual license to publicly display, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as and where feasible.
- By entering the contest all participants confirm that their entries are their own original work and not an imitation of any manner, whatsoever. The participants further confirm and declare that they have not infringed on any third party rights.
- Any participant found in infringement of any third party rights, including but not limited to any copyright will be disqualified from the contest. The Organizers shall not be responsible for copyright violations or infringement of any intellectual property carried out by the participants.
- By sending entries to this contest, a participant explicitly accepts the terms and conditions stated herein.
- The participants can submit their entries from 26 Nov 2020 (Samvidhan Diwas) to 16 Dec 2020 (Vijay Diwas).
- The participants may contact at email@example.com for any clarifications and follow Facebook :/honourpoint and Instagram :@honourpoint for further updates and results.